G2C11 challenge

It is with some trepidation that I have chosen to take up the Global2 blogging challenge. Trepidation because – I am wondering how much time will I have to invest, can I add another thing to my plate, how far can the rubber band stretch before it snaps?

However, the next step in my journey is to become more active in building communities and building a network, it is time to give up lurking and time to start contributing. Without risk there is no learning – so here goes. I am committing to the G2C11 challenge.

A blog that I often visit is Students of Mitch Hughes. As an advocate of online learning and the power of Web 2.0 tools this blog is one I often show our junior teachers as a fantastic example of blogging in the junior grades. I have also discovered new ideas and tools from my visits to this blog. The use they make of video to share learning is inspirational.

This blog inspires me to be more proactive with the use of our 5/6 blog, which has ground to a halt recently. I think sometimes I spend too much time exploring different possibilities rather than sticking to one thing. We need to decide our purpose for our 5/6 blog and then make it happen.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to G2C11 challenge

1. mitchhughes says:

Hi Margo,

Wow, I just thought I’d have a poke around the links you left on the #TMMelb wiki and I find myself of all things.

It’s quite flattering to hear you use my blog as an example. I’m not quite sure if it’s worthy of being that! I always feel I should be using it more somehow, making it more central to what we do. Above all else trying to get the kids to be doing more with it.

The fabulous Kathleen Morris and Kelly Jordan (http://2kmand2kj.global2.vic.edu.au/ ) were my inspirations at the start of my blogging journey, but there have been so many others along the way!

The most rewarding blogging times have been when we bump into other classes around Australia and the world. Maybe we could arrange some collaboration together? I’d love to have a go at quad blogging!!